Summer Shorts Series: The Habit of Intentionally Acquiring
5 Jan 2022
It's summer in Australia and Bec is in holiday mode (and Tara still has the Aussie habit of wanting to take January off work!) so we are taking a "half break" and we have planned a series of short episodes are all themed around the Habits of Uncluttered People- these are habits that Bec and Tara have identified as being held by people who don't have any clutter.
Perhaps they might be habits that you could think about implementing too, if you'd like to be a little less cluttered.
This week's habit is "Intentionally Acquiring".
Mindful acquisitions means very intentionally acquiring items - either by buying them, accepting them as gifts or taking them as freebies.
People who manage to stay clutter free have the habit of being very intentional about what they allow in their homes.
- Happily pay full price because they know it’s of value to them (unless they find it’s conveniently on sale when they go to buy it)
- Avoid sales (for the sales sake) and being enticed by discounts
- Only acquire something if they know where they’re going to put it
- Keep lists of things they need and only buy something if it’s on that list
- Do not accept free items unless the items are on the “need” list
"One-in, One-out" episode link below: